Once the contracts are signed and before completion arrives, the vendor should be preparing the following documentation:
- The Energy Performance Certificate of the house.
- The CEDULA / Declaration Responsible of the house.
- The certificate of the community of owners confirming the house is up to date.
- The last utility bills to check the house is up to date in the payment of all utilities (water, electricity, gas)
- If the vendor is FISCAL RESIDENT in SPAIN, he must apply for the certificate of Fiscal Residency (to avoid the 3% NON-RESIDENT retention on completion). In fact, this should be attended before placing the house on sale in order to ensure that the certificate will come positive and, if not, present the necessary documentation at the tax office to prove you are indeed fiscal resident in Spain.